When it comes to roofing projects, safety needs to be your top priority. Here are a few safety tips to help keep you, and your crew, safe when at a job site.
- When working on a roofing project, you want to make sure you're wearing comfortable and sensible clothing and shoes. Make sure your boots or shoes have good tread and rubber soles, so you avoid slipping and falling, and make sure your clothes are appropriate for the current weather conditions. Also, always make sure you wear eye protection and a hard hat.
- Never go onto a roof alone! Always have someone with you just in case. There's power in numbers when it comes to roofing, so NEVER try to complete a commercial roofing project on your own.
- Be aware of inclement weather. Check your local weather forecast and avoid working on a roof when conditions are slick, wet, or dangerous. This will help prevent possible injuries, like slips and falls.
- Keep the area of the roof you're working on clean and clear of hazards. When working on a roofing project, make sure that the work area is clean and organized, and make it a point to keep the roof clean and free of items that can cause accidents or materials that can hinder visibility.
- Always use safety harnesses. Attaching your harness it to a permanent roof anchor can help prevent a nasty fall and injuries.
- Always practice ladder safety. There are many safety guidelines for ladders, and the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration lists them out completely.
- Rely on a professional roofer. Let an expert take care of your commercial roofing needs. Don't attempt to perform any repairs or maintenance to your roof without the assistance of a team of roofing professionals.
- Know your physical limits. If you are uncomfortable with heights or if you feel unstable on a ladder do not climb up on a roof. You should know your physical limitations and only do something you know how to do.
Become familiar with these safety tips when it comes to roofing so you can maintain a safe environment for yourself, and your team, when working on your next commercial roofing project.
Struggling to get the job done? Let Funderburk Roofing, Inc.'s team of roofing professionals assist you! If you need help with your next commercial roofing project, give us a call today! With decades of experience and training under our belt and a proven reputation for customer satisfaction, there's no job our team can't handle!